Delivery During Corona Virus Pandemic
We work hard to remain open...
There is no escaping it. The corona virus is spreading around the world at a rapid pace and is also affecting e-commerce. At ModularSynthLab we do what we can to remain open and to supply orders continuity. However, it is not easy these days. We try to stock more items than usual to prevent orders processing delay, but still some delays might happen because even so simple things like courier picking up packages from us might be delayed. Therefore, we kindly ask for understanding.
Are the carriers still operating during the coronavirus crisis?
Maybe one of the most important questions that you might be asking yourself now is “will my orders be delivered?”
At the moment, the delivery of parcels is not (yet) prohibited by the corona crisis. However, delivery across Europe has been affected in certain areas. Carriers also are taking measures to protect their staff, including strongly enforcing hygiene and distancing measures. Therefore, you may find there are changes to their normal services.
Also note, border control is becoming stricter as countries block tourism and non-essential travel. In Europe, this currently does not include the movement of goods. But it does mean there may be extra checks at border crossings and this generally could cause delays in shipments.
At ModularSynthLab we make use of transport services from various courier companies. During corona crisis we have decided to work with 3 courier companies.
Undeliverable Areas & Carrier Operations:
In some areas and countries, it goes as far as suspending collection, storage, and delivery services until further notice. The situation in each European country is different, and can change very quickly.
Below is an overview of the major impacts:
- UNITED STATES & CANADA: expiriencing large delay with deliveries carried by POST NL. To minimize the risk of delays we had to take hard decisions and switch to all export deliveries to DHL Express courier agent, that means also significantly larger prices for shipments.
- MOST OF COUNTRIES OUTSIDE EU: To minimize the risk of delays we had to take hard decisions and switch to all export deliveries to DHL Express courier agent, that means also significantly larger prices for shipments.
- ITALY: is the country in Europe that is being affected the most by the coronavirus. This has, of course, also impacted delivery. Various areas are under lockdown, and although carriers are trying to continue as best they can, pick-ups and deliveries have been suspended in certain areas due to government restricted Red zones. These include certain post codes in the following areas: Medicina, Ariano Irpino, Sala Consilina, Caggiano, Polla, Atena Lucana, Riccia, Modena and Genova. Both national and international carriers are operating differently.
- SPAIN: Spain has also been hit hard by the coronavirus, and is also under a lockdown, but delivery services are trying to continue. Land borders have been closed, but this does not include the movement of goods, but this can still cause delays. Parcel delivery and pick-ups may be temporarily suspended in various areas.
- FRANCE: France is also currently in a lockdown, causing factories and businesses to close in France. This has of course also affected the logistics and transport sector, with different carriers implementing various measures and restrictions.
- AUSTRIA: Various post codes are being restricted in Austria with different carriers listing different restrictions.