4U Eurorack Rails Side Brackets_Intellijel Size
Those 4U panels are made from two sections. Standard size 3U section and 1U section sized for standard Intellijel size 1U modules. Eurorack side panels provide guidance for your rails to form a correctly sized 1U + 3U frame. Therefore fixing the rails and modules inside your case will be very easy. By combining together a few frames you can create case any case size you need. Panels are designed to work with Doepfer style mounting rails with lips. The construction of the brackets is fully 3D printed.
Why 3D print side panels?
- Using 3D print technology has allowed adding additional positioning elements to the design that solved the problems of rails twisting and difficulties with vertical alignment during assembly.
- 3D printed construction is durable and over 12x more lightweight than aluminum – an important factor for travel cases.
- Although the panels are strong – remember it is plastic. Mishandled rails can act as leverage and break positioning pins and panels.
- We recommend using those panels with cases that have solid construction – wood or metal. For eurorack cases made out of more soft materials (plastic cases, leather suitcases, etc.) we advise using aluminum side brackets that will add stiffness to the construction.
- We recommend using those panels for shorter rails – up to 126HP. Longer rails, once full of modules can bend under their own weight. Therefore for long rails, we advise using stiffer aluminum side brackets
The assembly process of a 4U frame using these side brackets is very easy: Simply slide the eurorack rails into position and fix them with self-tapping M5 bolts. Keep the rails perpendicular to the brackets to avoid breaking out the positioning pins. Rails will be aligned perfectly both horizontally and vertically. You can’t go wrong with that!
- The listing price is per pair of 4U side brackets
- 1U section in those panels is made for Intellijel size 1U modules. Size for standard (Pulp Logic) 1U modules is available here: 4U Standard (Pulp Logic) Side Panels
- Screws are not included
- Brackets are designed to work together with our eurorack rails with lip
- Length: 177,4mm
- Width: 30,5mm
- Thickness: 3mm
- Every panel has smaller inner holes for attaching it to your case with 3mm screws (screws not included)
- Every panel has larger holes to attach the rails to the side panel with M5 bolts (bolts not included)
- All holes are countersunk, allowing you to attach the frame to the case and without affecting the space of the modules