6U Eurorack Side Brackets_Aluminium
Eurorack side panels provide guidance for your rails to form a correctly sized 6U frame. Therefore fixing the rails and modules inside your case will be very easy. By combining together a few frames you can create a case of any case size you need. Therefore our side cheeks are perfect hardware for any of your DIY eurorack modular synthesizers. Panels are designed to work with Doepfer-style mounting rails with lips.
The construction of the brackets is laser-cut aluminum in silver color.
Why aluminium side panels?
- Aluminium side brackets are much stiffer than plastic ones. We recommend using aluminum side brackets for constructions where additional stiffness is a necessary factor – plastic cases, leather suitcases, etc.
- Aluminium side brackets can be used with rails of any length. We especially advise using aluminum side brackets, with longer rails – over 126HP – for extra rigidity.
The assembly process of a 6U frame using these 6U Eurorack Side Cheeks is very easy: Align the holes in the bracket with a mounting groove in the profile. The top edge of the side bracket has to match the top edge of the rail lip – if those two elements don’t align, flip the side bracket for 180° degrees. Fix both elements together with self-tapping M5 bolts. To make sure that rails are properly spaced and prevent them from rotating during assembly – put any 3U module between the rails before tightening the bolts.
- The listing price is per pair of 6U Eurorack Side Cheeks
- Screws and bolts are NOT INCLUDED
- Brackets are designed to work together with our eurorack rails with lips.
- Material: 3mm thick aluminum, silver color.
- Size: 266 x 30,5 x 3 mm
- Every side bracket has countersunk smaller holes for attaching the frame to the eurorack case with 3mm screws (screws not included)
- Every side bracket has countersunk larger holes for attaching the rails to the side panel with M5 bolts (bolts not included)
- Do you have also plastic 6U side brackets? No, 6U side brackets are too long to be made out of plastic and guarantee adequate stiffness. As an alternative, we recommend using 2x separate frames in size 3U.
Anonymous (verified owner) –
marc (verified owner) –
rene (verified owner) –
Timesaver! So much better to use these for DIY rack
Joan C. (verified owner) –
Nice sand blasted finish !
Joan Casas (verified owner) –
Very well made. It looks to me that these parts have been sand blasted and then electroless nickel platted. I’m not sure, but anyway, the finish is outstanding.
Johan H. (verified owner) –