Do you love having fun with sounds? Then this product is for you. These small microphones will allow you to hear everyday objects in new and interesting ways. Contact microphones, or so-called “piezo mics”, are commonly used to record acoustic instruments, such as violins, or acoustic guitars. But they’re uniquely able to pick up unusual sounds that we can’t easily hear with our own ears. For example “Star Wars” sound designer Ben Burtt, has created the movie’s iconic laser blaster shots sound by hitting a radio station guy wire with a wrench and recording the results using a contact mic.
CONTACT MICROPHONE DETAILS
- High-quality contact microphone mounted to 120cm (47.24 inches) long cable ended with 3,5mm (1/8 inch) mono jack.
- The piezo element of every microphone is securely housed inside a super durable 3D printed cover.
- The brass disc is exposed at the bottom side – this way you can place it directly on the surface which vibrations you want to pick up.
- Inside the housing, our microphones are filled with soft silicone material – this provides water resistance, durability and at the same time allows the microphone to vibrate without any resistance force
- Every microphone is individually tested before shipping, so they are ready to plug in and play.
- Piezo element diameter: 27mm
- Cable lenght: 120cm (47,24 inch)
- Connector type: 3,5mm (1/8 inch) mono jack