Do you love having fun with sounds? Then this product is for you. These small microphones will allow you to hear everyday objects in new and interesting ways.
Contact microphones, also known as piezo microphones or so-called “piezo mics” are a form of microphone that senses audio vibrations through contact with solid objects. Unlike normal air microphones, contact microphones are almost completely insensitive to air vibrations but transduce only structure-borne sound.
Contact microphones are commonly used to record acoustic instruments, such as violins, or acoustic guitars. They are uniquely able to pick up unusual sounds that we can’t easily hear with our own ears. Therefore contact microphones became extremely popular among noise music artists who enjoy experimenting with sound. For example “Star Wars” sound designer Ben Burtt, has created the movie’s iconic laser blaster shots sound by hitting a radio station guy wire with a wrench and recording the results using a contact mic.
CONTACT MICROPHONE DETAILS
- High-quality contact microphone mounted to 120cm (47.24 inches) long cable ended with 3,5mm (1/8 inch) mono jack.
- The piezo element of every microphone is securely housed inside a durable 3D printed cover.
- Inside the housing, our microphones are filled with soft silicone material – this provides water resistance, and durability – at the same time allows the microphone to vibrate without any resistance
- Every microphone is individually tested before shipping, so they are ready to plug in and play.
- Piezo element diameter: 27mm
- Cable length: 120cm (47,24 inch)
- Connector type: 3,5mm (1/8 inch) mono jack